Monday, August 20, 2012

Bon Voyage to China

About a week ago a family of one of the girls in my youth ministry moved to China to be missionaries. I had the opportunity to go to the airport the morning they were leaving to see them off. As I waited in line with them to check there bags I tried to give them a last bit of encouragement and love before they left and moved to a different country for the next two years to do work in God's ministry. After about a half hour of a little frantically taking stuff out of luggage and stuffing other stuff into others so that all bags were under fifty pounds we walked over to the gate. I know that at that moment all the family members staying here and myself felt the emotion of this moment. As the family said their goodbyes and last hugs were given I offered to pray for them. Circled up with this family holding hands starting to pray I realized that no amazing words or awesome prayers I said was going to change the fact that God was standing in the middle of that circle preparing to keep this family safe. I knew that my simple words meant enough and that Gods presence There more than I ever felt and this family would be blessed for there bold move and great faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment